Hydra Ammonia Lock Granular Zeolite
Features and Benefits
- Highly effective with a micro porous crystalline structure to absorb ammonia.
- It works by absorbing toxic ammonia in water in exchange for harmless sodium ions.
- Ideal for ponds with heavy fish loads or filters which have just been cleaned.
- Allows biological filters to develop more rapidly at the beginning of the season.
- This has been the Japanese pond keepers' secret for hundreds of years.
- For fresh water systems only koi, fish, and garden ponds- not to be used in salt water systems.
Ammonia causes a range of problems from causing skin and gill irritation, to severe gill, eyes and skin damage and even eventually leading to fish death. If your pond filter is not adequately dealing with the volume of fish you have or it is new and the bacteria has not colonised the filter medium sufficiently yet you may find Ammonia levels rising.
As temperature rises, the toxicity of Ammonia also rises, meaning ammonia levels that might be safe during the winter could become toxic in the summer when the water warms up. Simply put as a general rule of thumb, a reading of more than 0.1mg/litre TAN (Total Ammonia-Nitrogen) should be taken as an alert to consider Ammonia removal measures.
You can either combat this by changing large quantities of water on a regularly
basis or by using Hydra Ammonia Lock that absorbs toxic ammonia from the water.
This is an instant and very effective solution.
- 1 lb treats 150 gallons of pond water.
- 11 lbs treats 1,650 gallons of pond water.
- 44 lbs treats 6,600 gallons of pond water.
- Simply recharge with common salt using a 10% solution, full instructions
on the label.
How to Use:
Either fill sack with Ammonia lock granules, place in filter or another area that has flowing water, or place in a water tight container and pump water through the container.
Soak in saline solution before use. 2 Lb salt to 5 gallons water(use Hydra Pond Salt), soak overnight and rinse with water.
Once a month remove ammonia lock from water and soak in 2 lb pond salt to 5 gallons of water. Soak overnight and rinse with water.
Replace used Ammonia Lock with new granules.
To order online, use the form below or call 866-444-0977.
Please Note: Your credit card statement will show your charge to either Climax, LLC or Climax Photo depending on your card. For more information about ordering from us, please see our Ordering page.
|Image||Description||SKU||Price Each|| |
|Hydra Ammonia Lock 11 Pounds||66600||$ 29.95||Add To Cart|
|Ammonia Test Kit-ON SALE!||68152||$ 8.95||Add To Cart|
|6 Way test Kit||68150||$ 26.95||Add To Cart|