Pond Aeration Kits Featuring Matala Rocking Piston Compressors
Matala Rocking Piston Compressors - The ideal compressors for deep ponds or lakes.
These complete pond aeration kits are based on the Matala Rocking Piston Pumps as the heart of the system. Available sized to meet the following aeration requirments:
- 1/4 to 1 Acre Areation kit with 1/4 hp RP Compressor.
- 1/2 to 2 Acre Areation kit with 1/2 hp RP Compressor.
- 1 to 4 Acre Areation kit with 3/4 hp RP Compressor.
These systems can be customized to meet your requirements.
Lakes tend to accumulate a lot of organic debris over time. These organics are a nutrient pool of fertilizers that can cause algae to bloom. Excessive algae blooms in ponds without aeration can lead to fish mortality. Fortunately, naturally occuring bacteria can help reduce these bottom organics through the process of oxidation. Matala Aeration Systems speed up the process of oxidizing organic and mineral pollution by increasing oxygen thoughout the environment. By pumping compressed air to the bottom of a lake, lagoon or pond with the use of a diffuser, the rising air bubbles and the friction caused in the water will bring bottom water to the surface where it is exposed to the atmosphere. This is called an "airlift "and can transfer thousands of gallons of water circulation for very little electrical cost. Large volumes of water rising to the surface release noxious gases to the atmosphere, water picks up oxygen while circulating at the surface and brings this oxygenated water back down to the bottom where the bacteria can thrive and oxidize more quickly.
Natural bacteria are stimulated by aeration and circulation and they will feed on muck, organics and the food that normally feeds algae blooms or aquatic plants growth. Using aeration and bacteria is often a safe and sound form of pollution removal.
Features and Benefits of Rocking Piston Compressors
- Grid structured front cover for safety protection.
- Oil-less non-lube piston and cylinder.
- Permanently lubricated bearings.
- Lightweight die-cast aluminum components.
- Cylinder hard coated for wear resistance.
- Head design allows easily replacement of piston seal.
- Balanced for smooth, low vibration operation.
- Available in 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 horsepower versions
- Optional 230 volt versions available at no extra charge